Errors and Omissions Insurance
We realize that protecting the future of your agency is a major priority. You trust us to represent your interests at the highest political level and as your association we also want to provide you with the security of knowing you are getting the best overall E&O value in the marketplace—not just a policy, but a comprehensive program.
With the most respected and comprehensive program in the business, IIAV offers a variety of insurance agent’s E&O products that are hand-selected for their superior reputation and exceptional performance. Through your IIAV membership, you have access to the following Professional Liability products.
1. Errors and Omissions Insurance
It's easy to get an Agency E&O Premium Estimate or Quote through IIAV/VFSC.
Four easy options to obtain an indication or quote:
1. Get an Estimate via this easy
on line request form
2. Get an Estimate by sending a copy of your most current E&O application to:
3. Quote via telephone at: 800-288-4428
4. Quote via completed E & O application- send app to:
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
For 25 years, the Big "I" Professional Liability Program underwritten by Westport Insurance Corporation, a member of Swiss Re Corporate Solutions (rated A+ Superior by A.M. Best), has been the premiere choice of IIABA member agents for insurance agents and brokers E&O insurance.
The Big “I” Professional Liability Program offers not just a policy, but a comprehensive program for insurance agents. Over the past two decades the Big “I” Professional Liability Program, underwritten by Westport Insurance Corporation, a member of Swiss Re Corporate Solutions, has grown into the largest and most stable insurance agents E&O program in the nation. Our member agents and brokers nationwide look to the program for stable rates and a long-term market that they can rely on to protect their greatest assets—their businesses.
Working with our partners at Swiss Re Corporate Solutions, we have created one of the strongest coverage forms in the marketplace.
- Rated A+ by A.M. Best
- State-of-the-art coverage form, exclusive to Big "I" Members
- Claims-Made Coverage
- Coverage for the sale of both Property/Casualty and Life/Health insurance products
- Limits of liability up to $25 million
- Broad definition of covered professional services and activities
- Comprehensive definition of "who is an insured"
- Aggregate deductibles
- Defense costs outside the limit
- Crisis Management coverage; up to $20,000 per policy period for fees, costs, and expenses incurred within 6 months of a crisis event
- $25,000 1st Party Personal Data Breach (cyber)
- $1,000,000 3rd Party Personal Data Breach (cyber) sublimit
- Full prior acts available
- 60/40 consent to settle clause
- Deductible reduction up to $25,000 per claim with proper documentation
- Catastrophe Expense $25,000 per policy period
- Regulatory defense $60,000 per policy period
- True worldwide protection
- 10% premium credit three years for attending an approved loss control program
- 10% premium credit for five years for agency having an approved in-house E&O audit
Why Swiss Re?
- Exclusive risk management resources including:
Risk management website, E&O Happens
Risk management newsletter, E&O Claims Advisor
- An exclusive policy form and premium credits filed on a Risk Purchasing Group basis give Big “I" members tailored coverage
- Dedicated claims staff focuses solely on defending insurance agents E&O claims – 70% of claims personnel are attorneys
- Rated “A+" (Excellent) by A.M. Best
With more than 25 years of experience, Allianz is an industry leader in providing E&O liability coverage for agents and brokers - one of the biggest issues they face in an increasingly complex world. The company is one of the largest writers of agents E&O coverage in the country.
Fireman's Fund Application
- Rated A+ by A.M. Best
- State of the art coverage form, exclusive to Big "I" members
- Claims made coverage with full prior acts
- Coverage for sale of both Property/Casualty and Life/Health insurance products
- Insolvency coverage for all carriers with B+ or better A.M. Best rating
- Limits of Liability up to $10 million
- Broad coverage tailored to insurance agencies
- Broad deﬁnition of who is an insured, including spousal liability
- Aggregate deductibles
- Defense costs outside the limits
- $50,000 ﬁrst party personal data compromise breach response for the accidental loss of client data, with optional higher limits available
- 80/20 Consent to settle clause
- Deductible waived if insured is claims free with Allianz for ﬁve or more years
- $10,000/$30,000 Per catastrophe/per policy period claims extra expense
- $35,000 Regulatory investigation defense expense coverage per policy period
- True worldwide coverage
- 10% Premium credit for three years for attending an approved loss control class
- Competitive rating plan
- Rated "A+" (Superior) by A. M. Best
- Dedicated, 24-hour claims expertise with multi-line background
- Policies are direct bill
- IIABA endorsed program with 25+ years experience
*Applications: To apply for coverage, complete the Insurance Agents and Brokers Professional Liability application and forward it to Linda Loving at LLoving@iiav.com who will contact you once the application has been received. The application forms are in an Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) to give your application a professional and clean appearance. Viewing and completing the forms requires the free Adobe Reader program which can be downloaded from www.adobe.com.
If you have any questions completing this pdf form, please contact us at 804-747-9300 or 1-800-288-4428.
Important Note: Unless you have Adobe Acrobat software, you will not be able to save the completed application. When completed immediately print a copy and fax the application to your state association contact.
2. Non Standard E&O:
If your agency doesn’t quite fit the “norm” and needs a specialty market for your insurance agents Errors and Omissions coverage, we have an array of surplus lines carriers we can access on your behalf.
3. Excess E&O:
The Excess Professional Liability product is designed for risks that need to build higher limits that follow the same extent of coverage provided by your primary insurance coverage.
We have a number of potential markets for this additional layer of coverage that provide excess "follow-form" coverage over different types of primary claims-made professional liability policies.
For additional information and a quotation, please contact the IIAV office at 804-747-9300 / 1-800-288-4428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.