This program is is a specialized curriculum focusing on the insurance and risk management needs of construction projects and contractors.
The CRIS designation makes it much easier for insurance agents, brokers, CSRs, and in-house risk managers or insurance buyers to gain specialized expertise in construction insurance and risk management. Obtaining the CRIS certification will increase the competence, confidence, and credibility of insurance professionals who sell or underwrite insurance for contractors.
- Agents and brokers
- Account managers
- Customer service representative (CSR)
- Underwriters or adjusters
- Risk managers or insurance managers of a construction company
- Contractor CFO, controllers, or other executives who buy insurance
- Construction safety professional
- Risk and insurance consultants
- Construction lawyers
- Risk managers of other organizations with substantial construction activities
What can I expect?
5 required classroom sessions, each with a corresponding exam. These courses can be taken in any order and IIAV offers all 5 classes once each calendar year.
After you earn the CRIS certification, you will be required to obtain 6 hours of continuing education credit every 12 months.
- Commercial Auto, Surety, CIPs, and Miscellaneous Lines
- Commercial Liability Insurance for Contractors
- Contractual Risk Transfer in Construction
- Property Insurance for Contractors
- Workers Compensation for Contractors
Reaccreditation courses offered by IIAV:
- Any of the above courses
- Additional Insured Issues
- Design-Build Risks & Insurance
Additional online reaccreditation options can be found here.
To view CRIS classes on our calendar and to register, click here.