What is MLIS?
Management Liability Insurance Specialist
This program helps you demonstrate to your clients that you are their source for all aspects of management liability, including D&O, EPL, cyber, and fiduciary liability insurance. Recently updated with an all-new cyber course and the latest laws, ruling changes, coverages, and exposures, it provides all the information you need to succeed.
The MLIS continuing education program provides specialized expertise in the fundamentals of professional liability insurance and the more specific nuances of directors and officers (D&O) liability, employment practices liability (EPL), and fiduciary liability exposures and insurance. The MLIS certification will help you stand out from the competition by understanding these specialized lines often called "management liability" or "executive liability" insurance.
- Anyone who designs, sells, buys, litigates, or underwrites D&O, fiduciary, or EPL insurance
- Retail insurance agents or brokers
- Risk managers and insurance managers
- Risk and insurance consultants
What can I expect?
To obtain the MLIS certification, you complete the five core courses, each with a corresponding exam. Completing the core curriculum qualifies you to use the MLIS certification for 12 months.
To maintain the certification, you must complete only 3 hours of approved professional or management liability insurance continuing education every 12 months.
- Cyber and Privacy Liability Exposures and How to Insure Them
- EPL – Understanding the Exposures and Insurance Coverage
- Fiduciary Liability: What You Need to Know About Exposures and Insurance
- How to Insure D&O Liabilities
- Understanding D&O Exposures
For a list of approved online reaccreditation courses, click here.
To view MLIS classes on our calendar and to register, click here.