Accredited Adviser in Insurance
With in-depth insurance product knowledge and a strong focus on customer service skills, AAI is the premier designation for all agency professionals. Additionally, there are no annual dues and no annual update is required.
The AAI designation can help you increase commissions, avoid E&O claims, earn CE credits, and increase your insurance knowledge.
IIAV offers two different ways to earn your AAI designation
- Agency Principals
- Account Managers
- Customer Service Representatives
What can I expect?
9 classes, each with a corresponding exam that can be completed in as little as 9-12 months. IIAV offers all 9 classes once each calendar year. You will also need to complete an online ethics course to earn the designation.
- AAI81A - Principles of Insurance
Principles of Insurance: Insurance and the Legal System, Risk Management and the Producer, and Sales and Account Development
- AAI81B - Personal Insurance
Homeowners Insurance and Personal Auto, Other Personal Lines, and Personal Financial Planning
- AAI81C - Commercial Property Insurance
Commercial Property, Business Income and Extra Expense, and Commercial Inland Marine Insurance
- AAI82A - Commercial Liability Insurance
Commercial General Liability Insurance, Commercial Auto, and Garage and Motor Carrier Insurance
- AAI82B - Commercial Insurance
Commercial Crime, Business-Owners, Other Commercial Coverages, and Workers Compensation and Employers Liability
- AAI82C - Specialized Insurance and Bonds
Specialty Property, Excess and Umbrella, Ocean Marine and Aviation Insurance, and Surety Bonds
- AAI83A - Agency Operations and Sales Management
Agency Formation/Environment, Organizational Management, Agency Sales Management, and Personal Production Plans
- AAI83B - The Insurance Productions Environment
Producer-Insurer Relationships, Agency Image, Agency Growth/Customer Communications, and Market Segmentation/Target Marketing
- AAI83C - Agency Management Tools and Processes
Agency Information Technology, Management of Customer Services, Financial Management, and Legal and Ethical Responsibilities
Stay ahead of the competition with this nationally recognized designation!
Get Your Grades & Retake Exams
Course Waiver Information*
The AAI 81 (segment A, B and C) exams will be waived if student meets one of the following criteria:
- Currently holds the IIA Certificate in General Insurance (INS)
- Has Completed CPCU 553 or 555 (CPCU 2), CPCU 551 (CPCU 3), and CPCU 552 (CPCU 4)
- Holds the CIC designation*
RPLU - Registered Professional Liability Underwriter
- Completion of AAI program waives module C-02-CGL
- Commercial General Liability of RPLU program.
To view AAI classes on our calendar and to register, click here.