IIAV Annual Convention and Tradeshow
Our priority remains the safety of attendees, presenters, staff and hotel personnel. As we have since the pandemic began, IIAV will continue to follow the recommendations and directives from the Center for Disease Control (CDC)
and Virginia Department
of Health for mask-wearing, space capacity, and social distancing. Further, we will provide members with regular updates on COVID-19 safety measures that will be in place during IIAV events.
COVID-19 updates and what to expect at the hotel:
- CDC guidance for people who are fully vaccinated - to maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.
- Virginia Beach’s 7 day average of new cases of COVID per 100,000 is less than 0.04 percent, one of the lowest in the state!
- Due to our cooperative agreement with the meeting facilities, if you haven't been fully vaccinated, a mask covering both the nose and mouth will be required at all times while inside the hotel unless eating or drinking, or while in your guest room. That said, IIAV encourages everyone
to be vaccinated and/or follow their doctor’s orders.
In general, people are considered to be fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson Janssen vaccine
- For those who haven't been fully vaccinated, state health guidelines stress that, whenever possible, all persons should leave at least 6 feet (approximately 2 meters) of space to the person closest to them.
Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront
4201 Atlantic Avenue
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451
Deadline for room reservations is Friday, October 1, 2021.
After this deadline, rooms are available on a space and rate available basis.
Reservations may be made via the link below.
You may also call (757) 937-4200. Please identify yourself as a member of IIAV 2021 Annual Convention in order to receive the block rate.
Rates are $179 - $199, Wednesday through Saturday, October 20 - 30, 2021.